Monday, March 1, 2010

well I met you at the...central line

Those who know me know that I have a thing for hipsters. Not a big thing, but it's just that you'll probably go up in my estimation if you wear plaid.

I found my best friend for ten minutes today. Plaid shirt, skinny jeans, converse, legit '80s-style headphones. I was fortuitously listening to an-obscure-band-you've-probably-never-heard-of on my ipod when I got in the car next to him, so I thought for funsies I'd test the waters and adjusted the volume so that the song name was in plain view. He glanced down and acknowledged the choice. Immediately after I put my ipod back in my pocket, he took his out and adjusted the volume, tilting it so I could see he was listening to Blood Bank by Bon Iver. That's right, the EP, not even the album.

Ten minutes later we parted ways at Holborn, never to see one another again.

4 comments: