Sunday, March 7, 2010

a weekend

I'm never exactly thrilled to leave London at any given time, but this weekend's jaunt to Oxford included all the pleasures of West Wing Drinking Game, dance party to Lady Gaga and On a Boat, tea and scones at tea time in staircase 15, and being bullied by a chocolate shop worker into being a proper lad and ordering the strongest hot chocolate, so I am not complaining.

Tomorrow is pretend-like-one-day-is-enough-to-finish-all-my-reading-for-Wednesday's-seminar time, because on Tuesday I'm accompanying my friend Emily (the British kind) to her hometown in Surrey (where The Holiday was filmed!!) for her birthday. Her mum is taking us both out for tea and then we're hiking around a lake haunted by the ghost of a girl named Emma! Touch what it won't that I don't fall in...

No comments:

Post a Comment