Saturday, March 13, 2010

fresh air and factories





My little day trip to Surrey last weekend was absolutely lovely -- Emily's mum was an excellent hostess (and perhaps provided the highlight of the day with "bollocks!! Oops, sorry girls, excuse my language").

Emily, making a guest appearance on my blog. And dude, look how British her village is!! They have a village church!


The Silent Pool in Surrey, where loads of supernatural legends have taken place and super cool authors have contemplated their next great work


Aside from that little excursion to the countryside, I've been doing some more metropolitan explorations as well. Namely, I've been scouting out free galleries and museums within walking distance. This has happily lead me to learn a lot about the East End, as well as engage in some delightful conversations with old cockney men in pageboy caps who actually use the word "guvna" when quoting themselves as boys.

This weekend is more about reading and hibernating, though, because next weekend I'm heading up to SCOTLAND to explore the beauty of St. Andrews with my favorite erstwhile occupant of 230 Miller. So cheerio for now then, lads.

No comments:

Post a Comment